Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tag, You Are It

Meet Chloe and Ana.  Both American It Girls, both uber-fab-u-lous fashionistas and of course, they are both very sweet.  Always impeccably put together in a way that looks so effortless.  Get the low-down on everything from when they developed their personal sense of style, to what they can not live without this spring.

Ana and Chloe, TAG!  You guys are It.










Name: Chloe

Age: 14
Home: NYC (bella is jealous!)

Q: What are your top 10 favorite/must-have items (own or to-be-bought) 

1. Leather Jacket (faux or not, patent, fringe.. everyone needs one!)

2. A vintage Item (a blast from teh past will spruce up any ensamble)

3. Something black (good when you buy that rainbow blouse and don't know what to pair with it.. buy some black pants! Easy solution) 

4. FAUX EYELASHES (yeah, they are insane, but whether you are partying it up and want some extra glamour, or want some spice in your life, GO FO THE FAUX!)

5. Stunner Shades (A pair of shades in crucial. I don't care if you rock ray bans, Oliver peoples, forever 21 shades.. as long as you have the confident peices, rock it)

6. A signature Item (maybe this is a ring that you wear everyday, or a scarf, a bracelet. something that distinguishes yourslef.. NOT CLOTHING!! HAHA)

7. A confidence outfit (a look that you feel great in all the time)
8. Some cuh-razy shoes (whether a marc jacobs backward heel, or a mui mui pump, or prada flower shoes.. everyone needs these!)

Q: What was the best purchase you've ever made? 


EEK, I don't know! I have this high waisted skirt that I just love.. goes with almost everything.. but then I have my leather bomber.. and a bunch of these tights in like a trillion colours. Ah, I don't know my favorite. 

Q: What will you be wearing this spring? 

High waisted denim shorts, some mexican themed blouses, hippie headbands, light tights, leingere inspired dresses, tulle skirts, but mixing this all with some hard core rock and roll items, like metal cuffs, studded earring, but then we have another look I like, which is the lacey bows, uber girly thing. SO definatly some bows in there.

Q: Describe your style in 1-3 sentences. 

My style is defiantly a huge blend of styles. Some days I'll wear band tees and shredded shorts with some punk tights, or some pretty dress with a bow and a pretty headband. And then somedays I am some hardcore hippie. Its all depending on my mood.. and if the laundry is clean! 

Q: What's your favorite beauty product? 

Philosophy's "Falling In Love" perfume. Awesome, and only 15 bucks at Sephora

Q: When did you start developing your own sense of style, and how? 

Proabaly around 5th grade, where my style was juicy sweatsuits and shirts that said, "JUICY IS MY RACKET BALL!" or some cuhrazy mess. After a while though, I started to realize that everyone looked like me, and even when I was twelve, I didn't want to look like everyone else, so I was a wacky dresser from there on. =)

Q: What inspires you? 

Colors really inspire me, I was looking at a magazine where they had lilac and grey and creme, and that inspired me to use my lilac tights, grey high waisted skirt and creme blouse. Colors make an outfit to me.

Q: What are some of your favorite stores?

I have a lot of secret little thrift stores i like, specifically a store called Pippin, Angel Street Thrift Shop.. in addition to mainstream places like Urban, American Apparel, Bloomingdales, Forever21... etc.

Q: What is your "fashion-rule" you live by? 

BLACK AND BLUE SO DON'T MATCH. ahha, I kid. My rule (cliche!) is that there are no rules. Fashion is a cycle.. 10 years ago high waisted jeans were mom jeans, and no some of the most glam people in the WORLD are rocking them. So when you have rules, you're restricted to change, which is what fashion is.

Q: Any advice, comments for all us fashionistas? 

Take one thing of before you leave the house! - Coco Chanel, thank you, because when you have on earrings, and headbands, and shades, and braclets, and a scarf.. NO. Take one thing off and your outfit will be a little sweeter.

Name: Ana
Home: USA

Q: What are your top 10 favorite/must-have items (own or to-be-bought) for spring:
distressed crazily ripped up alexander wang-esque shorts,liberty prints,more knee high sockies,tiered ballerina kinda skirts,combat boots,some basic tees...Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Q: What was the best purchase you've ever made? 
My suitable for an english tea party BCBG dress, well actually my dad bought it for me but it always makes me happy. And non clothing wise probablly a notebook,notebooks in general.

Q: What will you be wearing this spring? 
Geeky little pieces and carefree dresses because honestly its summer. We shouldnt overanalyze. Clothing should be easy to run after the ice cream truck in.

Q: Describe your style in 1-3 sentences. 
Wandering gypsy artist type who likes horses falls in love with Vogue edetrix. Or something like that. 

Q: What's your favorite beauty product?
 Sunblock. 

Q: When did you start developing your own sense of style, and how? 
This year actually..well I posted some outfits on teenvogue and got bashed and suddenly I realized my style should reflect my creative personality.

Q: What inspires you? 
Life. 

Q: What are some of your favorite stores? 
Free People and Urban Outfitters, horriblely cliche I know. 

Q: What is your "fashion-rule" you live by?
 To wear what I want and not care about being labeled as something.

Q: Any advice, comments for all us fashionistas? 

Erm be yourselfs. Thats really cheesy but one of those annoying cheesy quotes that is SO true. Unless you're a jerk.

12 comments:

Ana said...

yay!
chloe's racket ball juicy tee sounds fu-nayy.

Chloe said...

ahha, thank god some happy child got it. i gave it to goodwill.. i shoulda burned it.!!!! HAHHA

Bella said...

ahahaha wow

Unknown said...

cute. yay TV goers. <3

Bella said...

belle:
link blogs?

Molly :] said...

Wow, what great style!

Bella said...

molly: link blogs?

lee jones said...

the top photo is so cute : )

zaiii said...

i am in total agreement with chloe on the coco chanel advice!

meliindaa. said...

are they from teen vogue (forums)?
the answers made me smile :]

nice blogg, btw!

Bella said...

yep!
thankssss

Anonymous said...

do you mind if i use the survey?

by the way i love your blog. love love love it.