Friday, March 7, 2008

The Destroyer

The title was, believe it or not, my friend's old cat's name, Des or Dessie for short. Haha I am NOT kidding. Anyways. I just loved the casual-cool look of the destroyed denim shorts at Alexander Wang S/S 08 RTW, I decided to make my own with a pair of my sister's way-too-big shorts.
What you need:
-denim shorts
-scissors
-thread picker
-cheese grater (don't roll your eyes bella knows what she's doing 30% of the time)


Using the small side of the grater, rub it up against the fabric, gently pressing it with your hand. Here is what you'll see, the stages of destroying:



One hole down! Next, gently rub the grater on the oppsite side, but not too much. I created a very small hole off to the side just to ad a bit to it. I cut out the pockets so they wouldn't get in the way of the destroying.


And now, a suggested outfit to capture Wang's "look". I added a scrunchy blouse, a black braided belt to keep the shorts up and ad an edgier vibe, and some fresh, cool kicks to keep the whole outfit in line.


<3bella

7 comments:

Caroline said...

well done! that shirt is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

lovely outfit!

haha...this sounds incredibly stupid, but what kind of shoes are those? i've been looking for a link to those for quite some time, but i don't know where to look. =[

anyways, well done! keep up the great work.

Ana said...

YOU ARE GENIUS
I was debating on whether to steal my moms holey Ralph Lauren jeans which are like 10 sizes too large for me or distress my own. thanks for showing how. lol.

i have been obsessed with distressed tights since alexander wang and teenvogue w/ chanel, karlie, and ali.

Bella said...

thanks all! btw maddie those are classic keds

Unknown said...

thanks! that's kind of what i was thinking, but i wasn't sure.

Bella said...

oh you are very welcome!!

Maddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.