Tuesday, February 12, 2008

D.I.Y Bracelet and Pin




CLICK TO ENLARGE

Being sick has its advantages: LOTS of spare time! So i decided to revamp a few ugly bracelets and create something new.

The bracelet is made out of this wooden-beaded golf counter which i cut apart and took all the beads out of. i de-linked half of a silver heart-link bracelet with pliers, and tied a bit of suede string to one end, added some beads, and tied it to the other. I was inspired by the Lulu Frost DIY in Nylon.

The hairpin is simply an old black clip, and a friend's necklace, which she made for me. I cut the string of the necklace to get the center bead (the ladybug) and super-glued it to the end of the plain black hairpin. Voila. A little second-grade, but i love it.

More posts soon! I've been very busy lately.



4 comments:

xoxkateangelbaby said...

ahhhh i LOVE the hairclip. ladybugs are my trademark =]
cute stuff

Bella said...

thanks!!

WendyB said...

That ladybug is cute!

Wendy said...

Very cute hair clip!